Zoey had a slow start with solids, she didn't
not like them, but she wasn't overly impressed with them either. Well, Babs (my mom) had the brilliant idea of trying a different spoon, I hadn't thought of that and sure enough, we found a spoon Zoey likes and now she is eating like an old pro! She has cereal and fruit for breakfast and veggies for lunch and dinner - she's still nursing 4 times a day, but she no longer needs to eat in the middle of the night so that's nice, 8pm to 7am, woohoo Zoey! I've been having fun making all of her baby food for her, she's liked everything so far, which includes avocado, banana, peaches, applesauce, pears, apricots, papaya, peas, green beans, squash, sweet potato, carrots, and zucchini! You just cook the fruit/veggies and then puree it along with some of the water you cooked it in, then put it in ice cube trays, freeze it and pop them out and store them in ziplocks! Super easy, and fun for me since I love to cook! She also likes the Gerber Puffs, she figured out real quick how to get those into her mouth!!

Now that Zoey's eating all this good food, she's got extra energy for fun stuff! We got to babysit 2 of Zoey's friends in the past couple weeks, she had fun playing with Alexis and the excersaucer; she and Natalie were telling funny stories to each other when Zoey woke up from her nap!

The first Tuesday of the month the Dallas Museum of Art is free, so we went with my friend Julie and her little girl, Leah. The girls enjoyed looking at everything and everyone, then we went out to the sculpture garden and they got to hear/see the water fountains! Julie and I enjoyed the museum, especially the "From the Ashes of Vesuvius" exhibit.

And even though Zoey is not crawling yet, I'm trying to get a head start on "baby-proofing" the house, plus we've got friends with older babies who come over. Anyway, I decided to do some cupboard rearranging so we could have one that was not "off-limits" for Zoey! I think this was a good idea...
1 comment:
I absolutely love the picture of Zoey and Natalie together. They are having a ball. What beautiful baby girls!!
Post a Comment