10.07.2007

The Pumpkin Patch!

Saturday was so much fun, even though it was drizzling most of the time...I finally got to take my kid to the Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch!!! I have wanted to take a kid (preferably my own) there ever since the first time I drove by it one fall several years ago. It just looks like such a family thing to do! I remember doing fun stuff like that with my family growing up and I just couldn't wait to start making those memories with my own family! Granted, Zoey probably won't remember yesterday, but she'll have a cute scrapbook page about it! And even though it was raining it totally lived up to my expectations! There was pumpkins EVERYWHERE! And a hay bale maze for the kids, hay rides, pumpkin food for sale, bounce houses, lots of cartoon character cut outs the older kids enjoyed, horses, etc! And what made it even more fun is we went with all our mommy friends and their husbands and babies! A lot of the husbands hadn't met yet so that was neat since we are always talking about each other and our kids, it's nice for everyone to have met now! Plus, we got lots of cute pics of the kiddos in their Halloween costumes! I could see this being an annual tradition for as long as they'll let us :) We all went to lunch at Chilis afterwards, you know they've got to love us when we come in wet/muddy and ask for a table for 12 with 5 high chairs/slings!! Here's a pic of the Rasdall family in the pumpkin patch.



Here's Wyatt (Wyatt Earp today), Sara, Zoey, Morgan and Natalie on the swing



Here's all the dads and babies



And here's Zoey modeling her costumes at home, out of the rain and a bit happier :) Yes, I said costumes, I wanted her to be either an elephant, giraffe or monkey. I've always loved the elephant costumes for babies, the trunks are just hilarious, plus the idea of a baby being one of the largest animals out there always cracks me up. I also (as you know) take a "pink elephant" picture each month, so I thought it'd be fun to have two elephants in the 8 month Oct. picture! The giraffe was in there because she LOVES her giraffe lovey so much that Aunt Lexi gave her - she sucks on it's antlers/ears until she falls asleep every night/nap! She also has a cute giraffe "Gerrie" from the hospital, every baby gets one and they have the big version on the maternity floor. I also thought about a monkey because we call her "monkey feet" all the time, she uses her feet to grab things and bring them up to her mouth a lot and it cracks us up! Since Morgan was going to be a monkey I focused on the other 2 and when I found both of them at Kid to Kid (recycled kids clothing) I just had to get them both! Here they are (and yes, apparently the trunk tastes good)!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So precious! I enjoyed reading your blog; especially like the photo of all the dads and their babies. Cute!
becky garrison