10.06.2008

Welcome Home!

My friend Julie mentioned that she and her daughter Leah had gone to the airport to welcome home troops one time. I thought that sounded great and asked her to let me know next time she went! Zoey and I joined her yesterday, and wow, what an experience! Not only did it make me really thankful for all the troops do for us, but it also made me REALLY appreciate Dow's job! Even though he has some strange hours some days, at least he is home each night and I don't worry about him throughout the day. There was one little boy there who got to greet his dad and it brought tears to my eyes! Zoey seemed to like clapping and waving and high-fiving the troops as they went by...she also really liked the bike-cops while we were killing time before the plane got there! They gave her a "Jr. Officer" sticker which she liked, until someone else gave her pretzels, and then who cares about a dumb sticker!!??







Afterwards we headed to Chick Fil A for lunch, which Zoey didn't really care about, however she did have fun on the slide!

No comments: