12.10.2008

Time Out

Zoey is learning about Time Out and actually is very good about it. I give her a warning first, for example today "If you whine one more time, you are going to sit in time out. Tell mommy what you want with words instead please." Then if/when she does it, like today - whining more - I pick her up and take her to the Time Out seat on the front couch. I tell her to stay there until Mommy comes to get her and then walk away, for one minute. When I come back I sit down next to her, ask her to look at me, and say "Good girl to stay in time out, now no more whining okay?" She says "OK" w/ a very serious voice, then we hug and kiss and go about our day!

Well, today, after she was released from Time Out, I went back to making her dinner and next thing I know she is walking down the hallway towards the front w/ her baby doll in her arms. She is walking VERY purposefully and she is shaking her finger at the baby doll saying "No no, Time Out, No no, Time Out." At this point I was CRACKING up, so I followed her in there to see her place her baby on the couch and then stand there with her arms folded, haha!! I asked her if her baby was in Time Out and she said yes, so after a second or two, we sat down together and I had her put her baby in her lap and continue w/ the routine (thanks, discuss, hug, kiss). It was hysterical and just what I needed to cheer me up this afternoon!! I guess she really "gets" it - although I don't think I wag my finger at her when saying "No No!"

No comments: