HAIL! Wow, did we have a storm last night! I usually sleep through thunderstorms, but this one was crazy. We had a bad storm on Wednesday with hail and there was a tornado warning with the sirens going off etc, so I was a little on edge anyway because of that. Well, the hail started off slowly but within less than a minute it was just POUNDING the roof and windows. I jumped out of bed to see if the news was saying a tornado warning again, but the hail was so loud I couldn't even tell if the sirens were on and looking out the window the hail was coming down so fast/crazy that I decided not to wait and see what the TV had to say! I ran to Zoey's room and she was already awake, standing at the end of her crib by the window just looking at it like "what is going on?!" She was surprised when I grabbed her, the hail was so loud she hadn't even heard me come in! We ran back to our closet - no windows and the middle of the house - and hung out there with Dow until it calmed down. Then Zoey went right back to sleep and we watched the news for a little bit to make sure it was safe. Also, I took some pics - the hail was at least 8 inches deep in some spots by our front door! And it's STILL there, almost 12 hours later - even though it's 60 degrees out now.

Our roof/house looks fine other than the front door has some nicks in it. Thankfully our cars were in the garage. Our fence looks fine, but check out our neighbor's, wow!

And this WAS our grill cover. It was only 4 months old, it's not like it was already weathered!

Oh, and all that pretty wisteria I posted about yesterday....gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment