12.20.2007

Zoey Walks!!!

Aunt Lexi flew in from CA last night and spent the night at our parents, so of course first thing this morning Babs and Lexi came over to visit!! We were all sitting on the floor in the family room and I was showing them how if Zoey's standing up and has toys in both hands, she will stand by herself for a little bit. Well, she was doing just that, and then all of a sudden she took about 3 steps towards Babs!! We all screamed of course in excitement, which surprised her, and she fell into Babs arms. We proceeded to try it a few more times and she did it again, one time even taking about 5 steps!! I have been saying all along that she would walk before she crawls, or skip crawling all together, b/c she just doesn't like being on her tummy for long!! Looks like I may be right after all. I wish Dow had been home to see it too, but it was pretty cool for Aunt Lexi, living in CA, to witness Zoey's first steps!

She is "cruising" all over the place now and wants to be holding onto your hands ALL THE TIME going somewhere - our lower backs are all killing us!

No comments: