8.20.2008

One and a half!

Zoey's half b-day was a week ago today (8/13), we can't believe she is already one and a half! We were driving down Garden Ridge the other day and were remembering when we would drive home from the gym when Zoey was a brand new baby. We'd go during her nap time and keep her in the carrier, set her down between 2 machines and work out until we were done or she woke up, which ever came first. If she woke up, she was ready to eat - she'd be fine on the drive home until we got to a red light and for those of you who live around here - you know that light on Garden Ridge at Valley Pkwy is ALWAYS red, no matter when you go or which direction you come from. Anyway, we were stopped at the light and Zoey was happily talking in the backseat and I said "remember when she used to scream at this light when she was hungry!?" Then I said, "Wow, that was OVER a year ago"...it seems crazy that we have memories that start with "that was over a year ago", time sure flies!

We had her 18 month check up today and she did just great. Lucky for her, it was a "no shots" visit! We have been reading "Elmo Goes to the Doctor" this week in preparation. She got a glowing report, just "perfect" according to the Dr., however I already knew that!! :) She grew 2 inches in the past 3 months! She hasn't gained much weight, not that I'm surprised w/ all the activity she does, not to mention growing up 2 inches! She's still 25/25/50 in percentiles (weight/height/head) - the charts at the bottom of the blog are updated! After the appointment we went to the shops of Highland Village for a picnic by the fountains, bought some cute new PJ's to get us through the rest of the summer, and ended by getting her free Nestle Tollhouse Cookie (they send you a coupon on your 1/2 birthday as well as your actual birthday)!







As far as what's going on in Zoey's 18 month old world - I think "busy" sums it up! She is ALWAYS moving! She loves to run, dance, do ring around the rosy, get up and down on her desk chair (or on anything else), push toys around, etc. Her brain is pretty busy too! I tried to make a list of all her words, but I lost count after 70 and then realized yesterday it's impossible to make a list b/c she knows words I didn't even know she knew!! We were driving to the gym and she kept saying "blankie"...well, she was holding her baby so I handed her the blanket I keep in the car, she said "thank you" so I figured I had understood her correctly, then she put it on top of her baby and said "night night". First of all, I didn't know she knew what a blankie was, and second of all, she hasn't slept with one since last winter, I didn't know she knew what to do with it either, haha! She is talking all the time, most of it I understand, and she's started singing now too. Sometimes her own tune, but she also loves "The wheels on the bus" (she lets you know she wants to sing it by going "round and round") or "Ring Around the Rosy". She loves games and really seems to get jokes, she cracks up and starts doing "wee wee wee" by the time you get to the second piggy toe! As far as eating, she is sill little miss piggy and willing to try anything! She's mostly spoon feeding herself, especially sticky foods like oatmeal! The other night she was turning down french fries for soy beans, wax beans and red peppers - go figure?!

I could go on and on, she is constantly amazing us and cracking us up, we just love her so much and the happiness she brings to our family! What an amazing blessing from God! I love that her name means "life" (Zoey) and Emma is "whole", one of my favorite verses is John 10:10 "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full"...boy does she live up to her name and she definitely has "life to the full'!

2 comments:

Duncan Family said...

Hooray! Great milestone! :o) You have inspired me to do the same on Aug 25!!!! Love it. Thanks for sharing!

kimberley said...

I know where she learned blankie from!!! When I babysat her, Sarah was covering up her doll with her "blankie". Zoe sure learned that fast and remembered it well!