6.13.2007

Another play date, another visitor and almost went camping!

June has been busy so far! It started out with another playdate on June 4th, this time there was 5 babies. I wouldn't so much call it a "play" date as the 4 visiting babies were all sleeping when they got to our house, and although 3 of them eventually woke up, Zoey then decided to take a nap! We managed to get a group shot of 4 of them though while they were all awake! This time it was Isabella, Morgan, Alexis and Sarah (not pictured).



Next, my Great Aunt Joyce was in town from CA, we're not sure if she's Zoey's "Great Great Aunt", "Grand Great Aunt", "Great Grand Aunt"....you get the idea, but either way she's great and we had a fun time! She enjoyed getting to meet Zoey and give her a couple baths!



While Aunt Joyce was in town, Zoey did lots of exciting things! She wore shoes for the first time, so cute! Also she showed off how good she is at squealing, sitting up (with help of course), rolling onto her side, picking her head up now during tummy time, and finding her thumb a few times! Everything that Zoey holds goes straight to her mouth to be sucked on, this of course includes her hands, but lately she is narrowing in on just the thumb more often!



On Friday, June 9th, we went and hung out with Mistie, Glen, Karis and Colin (as well as Scott and Margaret) at their campsight on Lake Lewisville. We had fun eating dinner, making S'mores and enjoying the nice weather. In fact, we had so much fun that we lost track of time and when we went to leave at 11 minutes after 10pm, we realized the gates closed/locked at 10pm!! We were afraid Zoey was going to get her first camping experience a little sooner than we had planned, but luckily we found an emergency exit and made it home to her crib!



She had her 4 month Dr's appointment on 6-11-07 and got a GLOWING report! She has jumped from the 25th percentile for weight/height/head circumfrance to the 70th percentile for weight/height and 50th percentile for head!! Apparently Zoey had a growth spurt sometime in the past 2 months!! The Dr. was pleased with all that Zoey can do, she said everything checked out perfectly, which I said we already knew, but it's nice to hear from a Dr :) The stats are 14 lbs, 4 oz and 24 3/4" long (she's grown 5 1/2" since birth). She had her shots and did great, not nearly as bad as last time!

I know this is long, but I haven't updated in a while. The last thing I wanted to share is that Zoey had her first giggle tonight!! She has laughed before, but this was a giggle and it was TOO cute! I was getting her ready for her bath and must have tickled her when I took off her shirt b/c she just started giggling and kept it up as I laughed with her! Such a precious sound!

Thanks for reading - if you check out the top right corner of this blog, I added a place where you can subscribe to the blog via email, hope that helps you stay updated more easily!

No comments: